Compiling wxArt2D with MinGW non unix fashion
You already have installed MinGW.
Download latest cmake, wxWidgets, and checkout from CVS wxArt2D.
From within a DOS box:
- Install the wxMSW source distribution.
- set WXWIN=c:\pathToMywxWidgetsForMingw\wxWidgets2.8.10
- cd c:\pathToMywxWidgetsForMingw\wxWidgets2.8.10\build\msw
- mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=0 UNICODE=0 BUILD=release
- mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=0 UNICODE=0 BUILD=debug
If your not in a hurry, right away do all other:
- mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release
- mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=debug
Be carefull with the shared versions. Next with the same lines as above goto, and compile the stc library:
In the you will have compiled wxWidget libraries in:
And for shared:
Open DOS box and set WXWIN variable. Next extend path to cmake binaries. After that start cmake-gui.
set WXWIN=c:\pathToMywxWidgetsForMingw\wxWidgets2.8.10 PATH=c:\pathToCmake\cmake\bin:%PATH% cmake-gui
After starting cmake-gui, you will be asked for the type of generator. Choose "MinGW Makefiles". After this you see the interface, choose the source directory of wxArt2D, and choose a new build directory. For example:
Where is the source directory: C:/tools/MinGW/wxArt2D Where to build the binaries: C:/tools/MinGW/buildwxArt2DDebug
Press configure button, Many things turn red, and its start yelling, does not matter.
First make sure you set the options right:
- wxWidgets_USE_DEBUG 1
- wxWidgets_USE_MONOLITHIC 1
- wxWidgets_USE_UNICODE 0
- wxWidgets_USE_STATIC 1
These are the settings for the static, monolithic, debug and non unicode of wxWidgets, which you compiled above. Of course other settings can be generated later in their own build directory.
And now press configure again, this times things will improve. Continue with generate when all is well.
All is set, and we are ready to compile wxArt2D.
cd C:/tools/MinGW/buildwxArt2DDebug mingw-make
This uses the Makefile, which you find in cd C:/tools/MinGW/buildwxArt2DDebug. For release/unicode, you just choose another build directory in the cmake-gui, and the rest is the same. We always recommend outside source builds!