wxLua used as scripting engine
When wxArt2D is compiled with the wxLua wrapping module (called luawraps), one can use lua in combination with wxWidgets and wxArt2D to great extend. All major classes are wrapped into lua, and important wxArt2D pointers are exported to wxLua. This enables you to write scripts to:
- iterate through documents and drawings that where loaded into a wxArt2D application.
- iterating and extending documents with new objects.
- issue commands to the application like opening, saving files etc.
- configuring your application at startup using a lua script.
- use widgest in your scripts the same way you would do in wxLua.
- have canvas objects that use a lua script to draw itself.
- automate actions like adding objects are templates of objects based on questions asked to the user using widgets.
- write wxArt2D applications using lua ( with wxLua extension already in )
- easily extend your own application its commands and classes to the wxLua binding.